Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
This course is open to anyone who wishes to learn how to use an automated external defibrillator effectively.
The risk of death from cardiac arrest can be reduced greatly if you have a defibrillator in your workplace and know how to use it correctly
A cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. A person’s chance of survival falls by about 10% for each minute that passes without defibrillation.
What you will learn.
Every second matters and this course will give you the confidence to act quickly and effectively. Most importantly, the course will also teach defibrillator operators how to perform effective CPR.
- recap of personal safety
- assessing the incident and patient
- DRABC check and sending for help
- defibrillation (recognition of heart rhythms)
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of AED on a casualty
- general guidelines for using a defibrillator
- recording of information (sample report form)
- handover to the emergency services.Successful candidates will receive an automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate which is valid for one year.